Calvary Cemetery was established in 1921. With over 200 acres, it is the largest of the Archdiocesan Catholic Cemeteries. Calvary Cemetery houses the centralized office for Calvary, Saint Louis, Saint Michael and Saint John cemeteries.
Archbishops Kelly, McDonough and Floersh and Bishop Maloney are buried at Calvary Cemetery in the section for diocesan priests. The Sisters of Mercy, Resurrectionist Priests, Order of Carmelite Friars, Carmelite Sisters and Xaverian Brothers also have graves here. Calvary Cemetery offers the rite of burial to the Catholic Community and all of God’s people. Over 58,000 persons have been laid to rest at Calvary.
Various graves, lots, community mausoleums and columbariums, family mausoleums, and a special Holy Innocents Section for infant and stillborn burials are offered at Calvary. Come visit our beautiful landscape and the inspiring statuary honoring those who have passed before us.
Calvary also hosts many events throughout the year including the monthly Infant Prayer Service, Stations of the Cross during Lent, All Souls Day Mass and the Lighting of the Tree of Remembrance Ceremony. Please visit our calendar of events for more information.