Saint John Cemetery
26th and Duncan Streets | Louisville, KY 40212
Saint John Cemetery was first known as Saint Mary Cemetery. On November 30th, 1849, the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth conveyed by deed approximately nine acres of land to the Diocese of Louisville, extending west of Duncan and 26th Streets. Cemetery lots were laid out and the first burial took place in 1851. Over 8,600 persons have been laid to rest at Saint John Cemetery.