Archdiocesan Cemeteries Decoration Rules
- Fresh flowers may be placed in temporary metal or plastic containers or in the in-ground vases (where permitted) year round. Glass vases or bottles are not permitted. Containers cannot be buried in the ground.
- Containers of cut flowers that are part of a floral design at the time of a funeral may be left on the grave for a few days.
- Solar powered votive candles must comply with the same rules and regulations as all other artificial decorations.
- Artificial decorations are only permitted on the ground from November 15 through February 28. The cemetery is not responsible for the items removed from the graves for not complying with this rule. Artificial decorations in attached vases or saddles placed on above-ground markers are permitted any time. The use of wires or stakes to attach decorations is not permitted.
- Potted plants are not permitted anywhere in the cemetery, except for Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Memorial Day. On those holidays, potted plants are permitted from the Friday afternoon before the holiday until the Sunday after. On Memorial Day and Veterans’ Day flags are permitted from the Friday before the holiday until the Sunday after. Flags must be all wood and cloth. Flags with metal or plastic parts are not permitted. Flags must be placed in front of the memorial and always within 6" from it.
- No coping, curbing, fencing, hedging, borders or enclosures of any kind shall be allowed around a lot and will be removed without notice.
- Turf shall not be disturbed for any purpose except under written authorization or under supervision of the management.
- Nothing can be taped or glued to the crypt or niche fronts of the community mausoleums or columbariums. Decoration areas have been designated around the mausoleums and columbariums so that families can place artificial decorations from November 15 through February 28. Decorations placed on sidewalks will be moved to one of the designated areas.
- Nothing can be attached or set on colonial markers.
- Any decorations not allowed or that do not comply with these rules and regulations will be removed.
Click here for more information